Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Not Quite Cancun

I met a lovely chap at Cap Scrounge last night who survived gastric bypass, lost tons of weight, and then managed to stretch his stomach completely out and regain more than he'd lost originally. That is just so wrong. I told him that beer was for lightweights (no pun there) and he returned with a tall glass of bourbon for me. Judgment begins to become impaired. He insisted on driving me home and I merrily hopped in the car and chatted away until I realized we were driving really fast. Far faster than one drives in DC. Because we weren't in DC; we were well down 395 south. What? He was like, "oh, sorry. You can just stay here and I'll drive you in tomorrow." No fricking way, buddy! In true dramatic wasted Bean form, I grabbed the door handle and threatened to jump out, which scared him into turning around. He pulled a bunch of "I don't know where Adams Morgan is" BS, so I kept barking directions.

By the time we'd reached A-M, I was starving and I also had forgotten the car ride horrors to the point that I thought it would be funny to see fatboy eat. So we went for street pizza, I smothered mine in garlic, chatted with the gangstas (who else hangs out there at 2am on a Tuesday?), and basically tried to horrify him to any extent possible. I polished off my pizza and used serious restraint to not pick up his discarded crust (See, I do have control! There's no way I was eating leftovers from such an obvious diet failure. Though it did look tempting!). He insisted on driving me the two blocks home (okay!), and then tried the "oops I missed your check" gig TWICE! Idiot. I'm too fast for you, fatso.

I woke up this morning in a tangled mess of cables and electronics. Guess I thought transferring all of my new musicals to computer to ipod was a fun late night idea... Mr. Bean did not. Nor did he find any of my adventures funny. Even the third time I told him. Whatevs!


SPRING BREAK 07!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

vixen said...

only you ms. bean could have this adventure! :)

vixen said...

i want MORE misadventures of la legalbean!!!

Tara said...

Let's step it up, Ms. Bean. Else I will start spamming you offers for "The Future Mrs." merchandise from The Knot. You don't want that.

vixen said...

ohhhh....i like that idea!