Tuesday, May 01, 2007

They aren't that ginormous

I've always been a little paranoid about my "man hands," especially after seeing that episode of Seinfeld when that chick's monster mitt is invading Jerry's personal face space. Whatever, just because I can palm a basketball and cover a few octaves on the piano doesn't mean I'm a freak.

But then certain experiences remind me why I have this paranoia. Like my interview today. I entered the room and shook the interviewer's hand.

Interviewer: Are you an athlete?
Me: No, just a bit out of breath from running up the stairs (thinking he was referring to my near-panting)
Interviewer: Oh, you have a very athletic shake.

What the hell does that mean? My hands are not only large, but also muscular? Dammit! But I got the job!

10 comments:

Tara said...

woo-hoo! Large hands are essential for typing, changing the water cooler, and other essential office skills. I also have freakishly large hands, so...I understand.:)
and congrats!

vixen said...

WOOOOOOO!!!

congrats on the new job!
see, a good grip will get you the job every time!

WhatsupWheaton Simon said...

You have ginormous feet as well.

vixen said...

dude.
seriously.
why aren't you posting?!!?

Tara said...

time to update, Intern.

vixen said...

ahem...part deux.

vixen said...

seriously.

Tara said...

I will be removing you from my blog list of friends soon......(I know, what a threat, right?:))

Tara said...

This blog sucks.

Ms. Bean said...

Okay, I'll try this again. I also created another blog for Steve and I on our trip.